Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Master's Degree? What?

I think I may like this whole no-daytime-class thing. A lot. I don’t start work until 11:00 am. What does this mean? That I sleep in until 9:00 am. Actually, this is a false statement. I am going to be arising in the morning at 7:00 am to go run almost every morning. Why? Because I am taking a Personal Health and Wellness class and I have to. Punch.

Work was uneventful. Except for this one conversation with an attractive man that came into our office:

Attractive Man: “So what are you studying?”

Me: “I am studying Early Childhood and Special Education. But after that, I plan on getting my Master’s Degree and becoming a Speech Pathologist or a School Counselor.”

Attractive Man: *With a look of true disbelief* “Wait… you are planning on getting a Master’s Degree?”

Me: “Yes…”

Attractive Man: *With a look of incomprehension* “So are you married?”

Me: “No.”

Attractive Man: “Are you engaged or have a ‘man’”?

Me: “Nope.”

Attractive Man: “So are you just planning on never getting married?”

Me: “What do you mean? That isn’t something that you exactly plan.”

Attractive Man: *Shaking his head as though as he had never heard of something so stupid.*

Punch. I couldn’t believe that it was that hard for him to comprehend that a girl like me could have goals and plans for the future. It was like he thought that women just don’t plan beyond BYU-I. Because obviously it is our mission and duty to get married before we graduate. Obviously.

After work was a wonderful devotional given by President Clark and “The First Lady.” Seriously. That is what they called Sister Clark in the Scroll. Kinda weird but whatever.

Then I went with Ashley to a Jane Austin class to see if I could add because the class was full. I was hoping inside that I could be added but the first thing the professor said was that he wasn’t adding anyone to his class. I wanted to kick him. But I don’t think that would have gone over well. 

So I left and went up to the Education and Human Development ADC. I was going to try and change my major to Early Childhood and Special Education. But I knew I was going to have to petition because I am over 60 credits. I sat down and started pulling out the paperwork that I had started but she told me I wasn’t going to have to petition. As long as my final credit count doesn’t go over 140, she said they could just change it. Ummmm…. Pretty sure that I was supposed to petition. I don’t really know if she knew what she was talking about. But I didn’t argue with her. Haha. Later, I went over and counted my credits and saw that my final credit count is 145. So I REALLY needed to petition. But since she already changed my major, I didn’t feel the need to point that out to her…

Then I went to my two night classes: Personal Health and Wellness and New Testament. They are both going to be great classes. Except for the fact that it is going to be four hours straight of classes every Tuesday. Hooray.

My bishopbric came over and we all had a lovely chat. I really do love them. Especially Brother Seamons. Because he split his head open by saving a ladybug. Who else would do that? Then... (brace yourself)... I went to I-Night!!! Woohoo! I just love hanging out with brand new freshman. I stood at a booth in the freezing cold trying to get people to sign up for talent. I feel like I deserve a gold star or something. Really.

Munch On This Moment: Your wedding night is not that great. Thanks Brittany for explaining to me why that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment